NVG Operator Course
tactical operations using night vision equipment requires knowledge,
understanding and tactical competency with both NV equipment and tactics. Since
2012 we have trained hundreds of Local, County, State and Federal SWAT Officers
throughout the United States in the tactical use of Night Vision devices. We
take a crawl, walk, run format to this training as we believe it is important
to form a solid foundation to build on. Our courses teach tactically sound procedures
based on best practices and lessons learned from both the L.E. Tactical and US
Military Special Operations communities. This course is restricted to LE/MIL
and is AZ P.O.S.T. approved. This is a course we developed and is the ONLY NVG
Course to be adopted by the National Tactical Officers Association as an
official NTOA course offering.
Available in 2 day, 3 day, or more, this course covers the systematic approach
to equipment selection, it's use, advantages, and limitations. We cover legal
and training issues and operational considerations through classroom
discussions, practical exercises, live fire range drills and scenario based
field problems using marking rounds. We can also customize this course to meet
ETS is your source for Night Vision Sales, Training and Consultation.
For additional information or to host this course please contact us at:
call us at: 602 885-1160
2019 NVG Course Schedule:
- Mar 6th & 7th: Tucson, AZ - Joint Course w/1 Minute Out
- Aug: TBD: Orlando, FL NTOA Annual Conference
- Oct. 1st & 2nd Sioux City, IA - Joint Course w/1 Minute Out
- Oct. 16th & 17th Allison Park, PA - Joint Course w/1 Minute Out
- Nov. 5th & 6th Grandview, Texas - Joint Course w/1 Minute Out
2018 NVG Course Schedule:
- Jan 8th Maricopa County (Closed Course)
- March 7th & 8th: Mesa, AZ (Closed Course)
- Mar 15 - 16: Tucson, AZ - Joint NVG Course w/ SGM (Ret) Jamey Caldwell of 1 Minute Out
- April 9th & 10th: Advanced NVG Course Salt River, AZ (Closed Course)
- April 16th & 17th: Ogden, UT (Closed Course)
- April 18th & 19th: Ogden, UT (Closed Course)
- Sept. 19th: Milwaukee, WI NTOA Annual Conference
- Sept 24-25 Longmont, CO - Open Course - Slots Available
- Oct 10-11 Natrona Heights, PA: C&G Training w/1 Minute Out
- Oct. 22-23: Greenbay, WI - NTOA - (Closed Course)
2017 NVG Course Schedule:
- April 10th & 11th: Boise, ID PD (Closed Course)
- April 12th & 13th: Meridian, ID (Closed Course)
- April 24th & 25th: Scottsdale, AZ (Closed Course)
- May 2nd & 3rd: Douglas County, CO - RMTTA Conference
- October 13th & 14th: Ogden, UT (Closed Course)
- Dec: San Diego, CA - CATO Conference
What our clients have to say.
I was lucky enough to observe one of the first iterations of this training course, and I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of both the instructors and the course they developed. The instructor cadre is extremely committed to providing first-rate training to the law enforcement community, and their dedication shows in the care they take and in the product they deliver.
I know of no more sincere form of flattery than to say when I was asked to teach a NVG course by the Department of State to a group of foreign SWAT officers, I did it based on the NVG Operator course I observed.
MSG Kurt Weber, United States Special Forces (Retired)
“After looking for available NVG training and finding none or getting no response, I learned of Pat Hickcox and his two day NVG Course. Pat was easy to work with and we set up training for my entire team in my area. His training was well planned, safe and on point. He demystified NVG’s for my guys, covered available equipment, searching buildings, live fire and legal issues. As a team commander, he provided training in all of the areas I would expect for my operators and we have a solid foundation to build upon. If a team has this equipment, they need Pat’s class.”
SWAT Commander, Southern California Law Enforcement Agency
Pat, once again, thank you for the GREAT course(s) that you put on in MN two weeks ago. I learned more in two days with you than I did in fourteen years of infantry experience with the USMC and National Guard. Your course was fun, interesting and informational. Nicely done! I hope you are doing well my friend. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. Stay Dangerous.
Brad - SWAT Sgt. Minnesota
Pat Hickcox was a great instructor! If your SWAT team has NVD's, this is the man to show you how to operate with them and maximize your tactical capabilities during low and no light.
Matt - SWAT Sgt. Minnesota
Pat Hickox has been a significant supporter of the Rocky Mountain Tactical Team Association. He has provided unsurpassed Night Vision Operator training at our training conference last month. This training was extremely well received and we are thankful for his gracious support. I do not have any reservations to recommending Pat or his company for training and equipment needs. I have also attended his training outside the realm of the RMTTA and again concur that he has an outstanding training curriculum. If your team or agency is exploring implementing NVG equipment selection or looking for training I highly suggest you look into Pat Hickcox.
Sgt. Ian Stewart - RMTTA President
Some of those we have trained:
- Arlington, TX PD
- Atlantic County, NJ S.O.
- AZ DPS
- Boise PD
- Boulder County S.O.
- Chandler PD
- Chisago County S. O.
- Covina, CA PD
- El Paso County S.O.
- Flagstaff PD
- Garden City, KS PD
- Glendale, PD
- Jefferson County S.O.
- Kansas State Police
- Larimer County S.O.
- Las Vegas Metro PD
- Maricopa County S.O.
- Meridian PD
- Mesa PD
- Niagara County S.O.
- NYPD ESU
- Ogden PD
- Phoenix PD
- Pima County S.O.
- Pinal County S.O.
- Prescott PD
- Salt River PD
- St. Paul PD
- San Bernardino County S.O.
- Santa Barbara County S.O.
- Scottsdale PD
- Tucson PD
- Yavapai County S.O.
- Dept. of Homeland Security
- USBP BORTAC
- USBP BORSTAR
- US Marshals Service